My first real Naan Bread

Follow me on Youtube : https://www.youtube.com/c/DominiquesKitchen

Hi,
I never made Naan bread in my whole life. Yesterday I ran out of bread and I started searching the internet to find a nice recipe ! So I bumped into the channel of Henrys Howtos and it was so well explained, that I immediately ran into my kitchen and started to make this. I must say, it tasted phenomenal and I must admit, I was quite proud of the result. So please, you should try this ! It is sooooooo good and I'm definitely gonna make this again ! How to make Naan bread Thanks to Henrys Howtos for the inspiration !
Ingredients (serves 2 pieces) :
  • 1 sachet of dry yeast 
  • 1 tsp of white sugar 
  • 1 tsp of salt 
  • 1 tbsp of Greek yogurt 
  • 1 cup of warm water 
  • 3 cups of flour 
  • 4 tbsp of oil 
  • 1 tbsp of butter 
  • 1 tbsp of freshly chopped parsley
How to make it :
      1. Take a big bowl. 
      2. Add 1 sachet of yeast, 1 tsp of white sugar, 1 tsp of salt, 1 tbsp of unsweetened Greek yogurt and 1 cup of warm water
      3. Mix everything together with a fork until all the ingredients are dissolved
      4. Add 2 cups of plain flour
      5. Make a whisk with your fingers and mix everything together.
      6. Add another 1/2 cup of flour and continue mixing
      7. Add the last 1/2 cup of flour and whisk until you have a beautiful dough
      8. Sprinkle some flour on your surface and knead the dough (with your hands) for about 10 minutes. If it's too sticky, you can add a bit of flour
      9. Take your first bowl again, sprinkle some flour on the bottom to avoid sticking, and place the ball of dough in the center
      10. Cover it with foil and let it rise on a warm spot for about an hour
      11. After 1 hour, put some flour on your surface again, take the risen dough and cut it in half. You can make to pieces of Naan out of the dough.
      12. Decide how big you want your Naan bread and choose a pan. The flattened dough must fit into the center of your pan.
      13. Now start making a ball from the dough and flatten it with your fingers (or a rolling pin) until the size of the center of your pan.
      14. Put your pan on high heat. When the pan is hot, add 2 tbsp of oil. When the oil is hot, add the dough and lower the heat to medium.
      15. Bake 2,5 min.
      16. After 2,5 minutes, pour 2 tbsp of oil on the unbaked side, and flip it over gently.
      17. Let it bake another 2,5 minutes.
      18. I melted 1 tbsp of butter and added 1 tbsp of freshly chopped parsley.
      19. Brush the parsley butter on the 1st baked side. Save the rest for the other side.
      20. After 2,5 minutes, flip the Naan again, turn off the heat and brush the other side aswell with the parsley butter.
      21. Now the Naan bread is ready to serve !
      Bon appétit !

      Watch my video and see how I prepare it by clicking on this link :
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-oRA6LK4G4

      Reacties